The fashion industry is one of the fastest changing and most dynamic industries in the world today. Fashion industry refers to a platform that offers people the scope to display collection of clothes that they design and an opportunity to the buyers to know about the latest trend which is prevailing in the market. Fashion industry is a glamour world that fascinates billions of youths to establish their careers. It is place where challenge comes at every step and there is a tremendous competition among the professionals such as the models, the fashion designers and fashion houses to triumph over their rivals.
It is one of the most lucrative, appealing, glamorous and exciting career options in today's world. If you have a penchant for creativity, style and originality, a career in fashion designing is the one tailor made for you. On one hand, the fashion industry satisfies both the creative fancies and the materialistic needs of the people. On the other hand, it promises glamor, fame, success and a high pay package to the talented people.
Fashion design is the applied art dedicated to the design of clothing and lifestyle accessories created within the cultural and social influences of a specific time. Fashion design differs from costume design due to its core product having a built in obsolescence usually of one to two seasons.
This course offers a creative, inspirational and yet realistic education for creating the successful fashion design professional. The emphasis is on personal design philosophy. Whether negotiating the design elements appropriate for commercial fashion retailing or exploring the individual conceptual practice of the designer, you are critically challenged to extend your creativity.
You will learn to research, analyze, experiment, discover and innovate with a solid training in crafts such as pattern design, illustration, printing and draping and will be fully prepared to enter the world of fashion and play a key role as an authentic designer at the highest level of both national and International Fashion world.
- Institutional member of Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI).
- Curriculum constructed by Design experts as per industry standards.
- Association with Ministry of Textiles (Weavers service centre).
- Focus on Illustration and rendering fundamentals rather than mere stitching.
- Training on Fashion Software TukaCAD, Corel and Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Exposure to Foreign language & PDP Sessions
- Interaction with leading Designers and Experts to enhance creativity.
- Special inputs & Guest lecture on Portfolio Development & Presentation Techniques.
- Visit to Exhibition, Trade fairs, Museums & Craft Guilds.
- Compulsory Professional Training for six months.
- TECHNO SAVY Garment Construction, Pattern Making lab, Design Studio, Multimedia, Draping lab & Visual Window Display.
- Special module on Quality Control, Production Management, Visual & Apparel Merchandising.
- Annual Educational trip to Knits Industry (Ludhiana) & Carpet, Dying & Printing (Jaipur).
- Annual Fashion Show ‘Styles & Trends’ displaying the talent of young budding designers
Career Opportunities in Fashion Design
- FASHION DESIGNER IN THE APPAREL INDUSTRY
- FASHION ILLUSTRATOR
- FASHION STYLIST
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER
- FASHION JOURNALIST
- VISUAL MERCHANDISER
- ACCESSORY DESIGNER
- CAD SPECIALIST
- FASHION CHOREOGRAPHER
- QUALITY CONTROLLER
- PRODUCTION MANAGERS
- COSTUME DESIGNERS FOR FASHION PUBLISHERS AND FILMS