A blend of Art & Science; Technology & Tradition are taking place in the Hospitality Catering and Tourism Industry.
This sector is predicted to triple in size within the next 10 years and become the world’s largest Industry by the year 2020, generating enormous opportunities for well qualified individuals armed with credentials from an elite Institute like JIMS.
These Graduates will be in great demand to assume exciting and rewarding positions anywhere in the World. Society has evolved from eating to relishing food. The “Cook” has become a “Chef”. The “Waiter” has become a “Steward”. Hotels are a part of the Hospitality Industry.
To begin with the Indian Hotel Chains like ITC Ltd., The Jaypee Group, Oberoi Group, Asian Hotels Ltd., Hotel Leela Venture and Hotel Corporation of India are leaders providing a healthy competition and setting international standards. Many International Hotels including Sheraton, Hyatt, Radisson, Meridien, Four Seasons Reagent and Marriot International are already established in the Indian Market and are still expanding. Tourism is also now factored as a catalyst in the development of the Hospitality Industry.
People friendly, a pleasing personality, good communication, cheerful, sunny disposition, an ability to put in laborious work hours are some of the pre-requisites for a job in Hospitality and Tourism Sector.
The three year degree course in Hotel Management and Tourism offered at JIMS explores the relationship between the Hospitality and Tourism Industry. An ideal candidate for this course should have excellent communication skills with a pleasing personality; he should be outgoing, friendly and have the ability to take responsibilities.
The hospitality programme at JIMS equips the students with the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the fast growing Service Sector. The curriculum is designed to meet the global and regional need for qualified graduates, who will be able to apply their knowledge directly into the workplace. The programme will have an emphasis on managerial and operational issues and the philosophy can be described as ‘Think Global, Act Local’. The delicate balance between Tourism Destination; Travel and Hospitality Management; and the cherishment of Cultural Diversity, Heritage and Authenticity will be the highlighting part of the course study.
For aspirants, willing to be a part of this booming Hospitality and Tourism Industry and looking for a challenging career, we at JIMS offer what is needed to succeed in ones dream career.
Well structured lectures with practical approach
- Practicals on Food Production and Bakery
- Front Office Practicals
- Food and Beverage Service Practicals
- Housekeeping Practicals
- Out Door Catering to give the students a hand on experience
- Frequent Visits to 5-Star Hotels, Resorts, Travel Agencies and other Service Sectors to give them a feel of the Industry
- PDP and Soft Skill sessions
- Presentations on Academic and Industry oriented subjects
- Guest Lectures by senior Industry Professionals
- Workshops on Food Production and Bar Tending
- Seminars focusing on the current trends in Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Industrial Training
- Placement Assistance through Campus Interviews
- 5-Star Hotels and Resorts : Supervisory, Management Trainee & Entry level positions
- Airlines and Aviation Industry : Catering Assistant, Ground Staff / Operations & Cabin Crew
- Railway Catering
- Fast Food Outlets & Restaurants
- Luxury Cruise Liners
- Hospitals and Hostels : Co-ordinators, Catering Incharge, Housekeeping Supervisor etc.
- Travel Houses : Tour Operator, Counter Staff & Travel Co-ordinator
Guest Relation Executive (GRE ) in Multinational Companies
- Customer Care Executive in Banks
- Media Houses : Public Relation Executive
- Shopping Malls, Multiplexes and Retail Outlets
- Event Management Companies