Why Jagannath University ?
Q1. Why should a student study in JNU, Bahadurgarh?
Ans. Jagan Nath University, Bahadurgarh, Haryana has been established under Haryana State private universities Act, approved u/s 22 of the UGC Act, 1956 and member Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University is offering UG and PG programmes in the areas of Engineering and Technology, Information Technology, Architecture, Law, Management and Commerce, Journalism and Mass Communication, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences and Education. All the programmes offered are approved by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Haryana. The programmes are highly innovative, professional in nature and employment oriented. The University follows Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) which allows for the following:
All these features drive system towards quality of education with enhanced depth and breadth of knowledge.
Q2. What are the star courses?
- Flexibility in Choice of Courses and Credits
- Focus on research and skill development
- Interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary approach in education
- Corporate exposure and connectivity
- Continuous evaluation system
- Horizontal and vertical mobility in courses and students
Ans. All the programmes offered are star courses from knowledge content and delivery point of view. However, from employability angle we may rank the courses as under:
Q3. What are the other advantages for the students?
- The courses approved by respective Councils including B.Arch., BA.LL.B and B.Ed./M.Ed./BA.BSc.B.Ed. may be called star being fully employment oriented.
- Management programmes including BBA, B.Com and MBA with specialization in Financial Markets in collaboration with NSE, Entrepreneurship and Family Business Management in collaboration with industry are unique, professional in nature and employment oriented.
- B.Tech. and M.Tech. programmes are highly practical oriented and industry integrated having the support of in-house incubation centre,www.udgam.net. This facility is available for all other technical education programmes also.
- BA(JMC), B.Sc and BA programmes are also unique because of the interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary approach of the academic system.
Ans. The other advantages of joining JNUB for higher education may be counted as under:
Q4. What message to the students?
- Campus Location
The University is located in NCR easily accessible from south-west part of Delhi including Rohini, Peeragarhi, Dwarka, Gurgaon, etc. at an equi- distance of around 50 kms. from all these locations. The campus location is environment friendly, pollution free, safe, peaceful and well connected by road transport.
The University has developed reasonably good infrastructure including classrooms, laboratories, library, hostels, sports facilities, transport, wi-fi campus and IT resources.
Ans. In the present era of highly competitive environment in higher education where employability is an issue, the students while making a choice of an institution and course need to ensure the following:
- That the University/Institution is legally recognized and courses are approved by competent authorities and bodies.
- The administration has background and vision to provide right type of education.
- The course curricula are updated, proper infrastructure and academic resources available to conduct the programmes.
- The arrangements exist for corporate connectivity and practical exposure particularly in technical education programmes.