B.Sc General course is designed to provide foundation knowledge of Science subject to students. It usually focuses on all major subjects of Science.
B.Sc General course emphasizes on making the students understand the structural and functional basis of the universe. This course forms the basis of science and comprises of the subjects like physics, chemistry , mathematics , zoology and botany The program leads the students to higher learning in physical, mathematical and chemical sciences and contribute to the welfare of the society. It is designed to help the students to understand the importance of chemicals, chemical industries and the role of these in improving the quality of human life. It also helps the students to recognize and appreciate the contribution of great scientists in the field of physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Competitive education as per course syllabi approved by 5th Dean’s Committee Report of ICAR for B.Sc (Hons) Ag. Degree. Impetus is laid on sound practical training
- Agri-Research Farm to demonstrated Crop Cafeteria and Agri-Techno Park to demonstrate agro technologies for protected agriculture and allied agro-enterprises
- Skill development through hands on practice to develop entrepreneurship in agri-enterprises like vermi composts, bio fertilizers, bio pesticides and raising plant nurseries for quality planting materials.
- Earn while you learn programs for students Sound training in Peri-Urban Agriculture, agro-horticulture and social forestry
- Crop Production Training under abiotic stresses due to soil salinity and poor water quality, production of Quality Seeds of major crops, Capacity building.
- Experiential learning, Rural Agriculture Works Experience and Industrial placement Trainings
- Encouraging interaction with farmers through awareness programs like Farmers Fairs, Conferences and workshops.
- Advisory Board from International and National Public Sector organizations and MNCs for periodical upgrades with focus on placements.
- Memorandum of Understanding with advance universities and Research and Development Organizations abroad like JNUB-Osnabruck University of Applied Sciences, Germany, JNUB-University of Tehran, Iran.
B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
10+2 in Science Stream with min. 50 % marks
Duration :4 Years
Number of Seats :120
Selection Procedure :State Entrance Test
Syllabus :View More
Scholarship : View More
Course Regulation :View More